"Czechitas Event" for the purposes of these General Terms and Conditions means any event (workshop, course, Meetup, Summer School, ..) organized by Czechitas.
For applicants / participants registering for Czechitas events (including classes, workshops, courses, trainings)
By registering, you agree that:
- you will use the computer network at the workshop site only and only for workshop-related activities
- all materials you receive are copyrighted by the instructor, and made available to you for your own personal use only. Public distribution of these materials is not permissible.
Rights and obligations of Czechitas
Czechitas reserves the right to utilize its own system and criteria for the selection of participants, and will make information about this system available to participants upon their request.
Czechitas prioritizes a friendly, inclusive, safe, welcoming, and supportive environment at every event. We reserve the right to reject your application or refuse your participation at any future events if:
- you will not arrive at the event and/or you will not excuse your absence in advance;
- you will not pay the participation fee by the set date upon admission to the course; and/or you will not cancel your participation; and/or you will provide no reason for non-payment;
- you will download obscenity, indecency or other controversial content in the workshop (see agreement conditions above);
- you will disrupt an event, or contribute to a negative, hostile, or threatening atmosphere. If you repeatedly disrupt courses— even after being notified of your behavior— an organizer or lecturer may ask you to leave the workshop.
- you will arrive at the workshop under the influence of alcohol or any other addictive substances. These substances cannot be used even during the workshop. In the event that you disrupt the course of the workshop in the above-mentioned way, an organizer or lecturer may also ask you to leave the workshop;
- you provide false information in the forms. Even in this case, we reserve the right to ask you on the spot to leave the workshop.
In the event that a participant finds itself in a difficult life situation, Czechitas may, on the basis of a written reasoned request and at its own discretion, allow this participant to pay the price of the course in installments.
- One-day and Weekend Events* - We will not refund the money after payment In case of cancellation.
- Long-term courses** - We accept free cancellation no later than 20 working days before the start of the event
* day or weekend workshops, weekend events, Czechitas New Generation and more
** long-term courses, Digital Academy Summer School, suburban camps for children and other events lasting more than two days
Protection of personal data
Czechitas can ask you to register
- Personal information such as: name, email, phone number, and billing address. This data is designed to provide you with easy access to Czechitas events. This data may be transmitted to partners, to the extent necessary (e.g. your name provided to the facilities partner for event entrance, your email given to a service partner for access to required software tools, etc.).
- For the purposes of the above paragraph, “Partners” refer to the companies and other persons who provide Czechitas with (1) the space for organizing workshops, (2) the programs necessary for these workshops or other services, and (3) our photographers. We only provide personal information of this type to the extent required for these stated purposes during the time necessary.
- Additional Information such as: your age range, your current city, your position in the labor market, etc. This information is anonymized, and only used for statistical purposes.
As a registrant, you have the option in the login form
- choose whether you give us consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of sending newsletters, to which we will inform you once a month about all Czechitas news and workshops and interesting events from the world of IT.
- give your consent to be photographed at the workshops and your photos will then be published on our social networks or on the social networks of our partners. These photos are also carefully secured and we make sure that they and our partners are used only for the specified purpose. Processing takes place in accordance with § 80 et seq. No. 89/2012 of the Civil Code.
The data controller is Czechitas Edu z.s. with its registered office at Václavské náměstí 837/11 Nové Město, Prague 1, 110 00, 158 00, IČ: 032 05 797. The security of personal data meets the requirements of Act No. 101/2000 Coll., On the protection of personal data. data and the General EU Regulation on personal data protection.In accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll.
According to the protection of personal data and the General EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (“GDPR”), you have the following rights in connection with the processing of personal data:
- the right to access their data
- the right to correct and delete incorrect data
- the right to explain the processing
- the right to withdraw consent to processing
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com.