Why to study with us?
Workshops focus on the basics of data analysis, the technologies used and practical tips from data analysts. Together with experienced professionals, we will show you a simple and meaningful way of building dashboards, creating reports or cleansing and modifying data with SQL. All this in just one day, with follow-up workshops on SQL & databases, Power BI / Tableau visualization tools and Text analysis.
If you're thinking about signing up for Digital Academy: Data and don't know what to expect, try the DataGrils workshop. You'll get an idea of data analysis is and what it's good for.
You will learn
- Intro to Business Intelligence and terminology
- Data modelling
- Data sources and their connection
- ETL tools in practice
- SQL in practice – basic functions, data cleaning
- Visualisation and best practices in the following tools: Tableau, PowerBI or GoodData
- What does a Data Analyst do
SQL and Databases
- Basic orientation in databases
- Data, tables, values, data types, primary and foreign keys, null
- SQL: Syntax basics
- Aggregation, logical, numerical and filtering functions
- Work with data granularity
- Table modifications
A linguistic probe. Find out what are the practical uses of text analysis, how a natural language can be processed, how to extract names from a text, to analyze sentiments, categorize documents and detect their topics. For all this, we’ll find an open-source solution and we’ll also show you the Geneea API.
- Why do it? The practical application of text analytics
- Natural language processing - NLP – recognizing a language, extracting names from texts, sentiment analysis, document categorization and topic detection
- API for text-processing: Open-source solutions, Geneea API
- Showcase of a program using an API. We might even program something small in Python, depending on the participants and their preferences in application forms
Power BI / Tableau Visualization Tool
This one-day workshop will take you through the basics of working with a visualization tool (Power BI or Tableau), it will show you how it works with business data and the options for creating your own dashboard.
- Theory for work with data
- Basics of working with Power BI / Tableau: login, connecting source data, work with data in the tool, online presentation of outputs
- Creating a dashboard: connecting source data, data presentation prep